Vrudhi Educational And Technological Services Private Limited (hereinafter to be referred as “Company” or “we” or “our” or “us”), a company duly incorporated under the provisions of the Companies Act, 1956, operates various internet and mobile application based platforms, namely, https://spedathome.com , https://spedatschool.com , https://vrudhiedtech.com , etc. and all the microsites thereof and applications associated thereto (collectively the “Platforms”).
1. Section 43A of the Information Technology Act, 2000 (“IT Act”);
2. Regulation 4 of the Information Technology (Reasonable Security Practices and Procedures and Sensitive Personal Information) Rules, 2011 (“SPDI Rules”); and
3. Regulation 3(1) of the Information Technology (Intermediaries Guidelines) Rules, 2011 (“Intermediaries Guidelines”).
BY ACCESSING OR USING OUR PLATFORMS OR BY OTHERWISE GIVING US YOUR INFORMATION, YOU CONFIRM THAT YOU HAVE THE CAPACITY TO ENTER INTO A LEGALLY BINDING CONTRACT UNDER INDIAN LAW, IN PARTICULAR, THE INDIAN CONTRACT ACT, 1872, AND HAVE READ,
IN THE EVENT THAT YOU ARE A MINOR UTILIZING THE PLATFORMS, IT IS ASSUMED THAT YOU HAVE OBTAINED THE CONSENT OF YOUR LEGAL GUARDIAN OR PARENTS AND SUCH USE IS MADE AVAILABLE BY YOUR LEGAL GUARDIAN OR PARENTS. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY CONSEQUENCE THAT ARISES AS A RESULT OF MISUSE OF ANY KIND OF OUR PLATFORMS OR ANY OF OUR SERVICES OR PRODUCTS THAT MAY OCCUR BY VIRTUE OF ANY PERSON INCLUDING A MINOR REGISTERING FOR THE SERVICES/PRODUCTS PROVIDED. BY USING THE SERVICES OR PRODUCTS, YOU WARRANT THAT ALL THE DATA PROVIDED BY YOU IS ACCURATE AND COMPLETE AND THAT STUDENT USING THE PLATFORMS HAS OBTAINED THE CONSENT OF PARENT/LEGAL GUARDIAN (IN CASE OF MINORS).
2. INFORMATION COLLECTED AND MEANS OF COLLECTION
We collect the following information about you:
1. Registration Information: When you register to use our Platform, we collect your registration details including name, age, gender, phone number and email address, details of your educational institution and your educational details.
2. Order Information: We collect information necessary for us to process your order or subscription on the Platform including, Services and/or Products requested by you, your postal address and specific payment information such as payment transaction details.
(Registration Information and Order Information to be collectively referred to as “Personal Information”)
3. Financial Information: We collect information in relation to your financial details including bank account information, payment card details such as credit card / debit card details, other payment instrument details or any other information required to complete the payment process on the Platforms.
(Financial Information is referred to as “SPDI”)
The IT Act and the SPDI Rules regulate the collection, usage, retention and disclosure of personal information, which is defined under the SPDI Rules as any information that relates to a natural person, which, either directly or indirectly, in combination with other information available or likely to be available to a body corporate, is capable of identifying such person. The SPDI Rules further define sensitive personal data or information of a person as personal information about that person relating to:
2. financial information such as bank accounts, credit and debit card details or other payment instrument details;
3. physical, physiological and mental health condition;
4. sexual orientation;
5. medical records and history;
6. biometric information;
7. any detail relating to the above clauses as provided to the body corporate for providing services; and
8. any of the information received under above clauses by body corporate for processing, stored or processed under lawful contract or otherwise.
You provide all information to us voluntarily. Collection, use and disclosure of Personal Information and SPDI requires your express consent. You are providing us with your consent to our use, collection, and disclosure of the Personal Information and SPDI. You may choose to not provide us with Personal Information and SPDI, but in the event that you do so, we will be unable to provide you access to our Platforms or purchase Products or provide Services through our Platforms.
3. USE OF INFORMATION
We use your information for the following purposes:
1. To manage, operate and improve the Platforms in order to foster a positive User experience and to improve our business as a whole;
2. To process and deliver Products and Services including collection of payments on our behalf;
3. To collect the payments from you;
4. To enable your access to our Platforms to purchase Products and provide you Services; 5. Analysing data, tracking trends, building algorithms, creating databases, recommendations engines, etc.;
5. For any research or statistical purposes or to generally improve learning experience;
6. For non-targeting reasons such as frequency capping, compliance, billing, ad reporting or delivery, market research or Product and Service development purposes;
7. To comply with applicable law;
8. To conduct audits and quality assessment procedures;
9. To analyse the use of our resources, troubleshooting problems and improving our Products and Services, by using the information regarding your mobile device and software.
10. To investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud or situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of our Terms, misuse of the Platform or as otherwise required by law;
11. To respond to any queries that you may have, and to communicate information to you, including notifications of any promotions or alerts, any changes/updates to the Platforms, or the introduction of any future fees or charges that we may collect at the time for purchasing Products or provision of our Services to you;
12. To communicate other information about us, the Platforms, our other websites, promotions, our newsletters, anything relating to other companies in our group or our business partners;
13. To contact you, by way of SMS, email and phone calls, from time to time to record your valuable feedback on our Products and Services, as they currently stand, and/or any potential Products and Services that may be offered in the future.
(Collectively, the above constitute “thePurposes”).
If you wish to opt out of receiving non-essential communications such as promotional and marketing-related information regarding our Products and Services, click unsubscribe link in any email that we send to you or send an email to us at the details provided below in the contact section.
4. DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION
We may disclose your Personal Information and SPDI, as the case may be, to third parties in the manner and for the purposes specified below.
1. We may disclose your Personal Information and SPDI to third parties or to otherwise track or improve our Products, Services or our business;
2. We may disclose your Personal Information to our logistics partners for processing of orders placed by you on the Platform;
3. We may disclose information to our partners, affiliates, investors, stakeholders or potential associates in an anonymized and aggregate manner, so that they too may understand how Users use our Platforms and enable us to create a better overall experience for you;
4. We also share aggregated anonymous information about Users with our clients, partners, other Users, and other third parties so that they may be aware of the nature and number of Users, in order for them to be able to serve advertisements and other kinds of marketing information that may be relevant for you on our Platforms;
5. We may disclose and transfer your Personal Information and SPDI to a third party who acquires, or may potentially acquire, our business, whether such acquisition is by way of a merger, consolidation or purchase of all or a substantial portion of our assets or investment in us;
7. We may transfer Personal Information and SPDI to a third party, including persons outside India, to improve our Products and Services or purposes related to the provision of Services and Products; and
8. We will disclose your Personal Information and SPDI if legally required to do so, pursuant to an order from a governmental entity or in good faith. We will disclose the Information to: (i) conform to legal requirements or comply with legal process; (ii) protect our rights or property or our affiliated companies; (iii) prevent a crime or national security; or (iv) protect personal safety of our Users or the public.
Transfer to third parties and outside India
Subject to applicable law, we may at our sole discretion, transfer Personal Information and SPDI to any other body corporate (as defined under the Information Technology Act, 2000) that ensures at least the same level of data protection as is provided by us under the terms hereof, located in India or any other country.
By using the Platforms, you accept the terms hereof and hereby consent to the storage and processing of Personal Information and SPDI by third parties and in any of location within or outside India. The Company will make best efforts to ensure that the third party or the location to which the SPDI is transferred affords same level of data protection as would be afforded under Indian law.
5. THIRD-PARTY LINKS
The Platforms may include hyperlinks to various external websites, and may also include advertisements, and hyperlinks to applications, content, or resources (“Third Party Links”). We have no control over such Third Party Links present on the Platforms, which are provided by persons or companies other than us. You acknowledge and agree that we are not responsible for any collection or disclosure of your information by any external sites, applications, companies or persons thereof. The presence of any Third Party Links on our Platforms, cannot be construed as a recommendation, endorsement or solicitation for the same, or any other material on or available via such Third Party Links.
You further acknowledge and agree that we are not liable for any loss or damage which may be incurred by you as a result of the collection and/or disclosure of your information via Third Party Links, as a result of any reliance placed by you on the completeness, accuracy or existence of any advertising, products services, or other materials on, or available via such Third Party Links. This will include all transactions, and information transmitted therein, between you and any such third party sites or applications or resources, such transactions are strictly bi-partite. We shall not be liable for any disputes arising from or in connection with such transactions between you and the aforementioned third parties.
6. CHANGES TO YOUR INFORMATION
You may review, correct, update, change or delete your Personal Information relating to Registration Information and Order Information on the Platforms by writing to us at the contact details specified below. You can delete any part of the Personal Information or request us to delete the same, and we will comply with such requests within a reasonable time, unless we are required to keep certain information for legal purposes. You may update your SPDI at any point by writing to us at the details indicated below in the contact section.
Should you choose to delete your Personal Information or SPDI or modify it in a way that is not verifiable by us, or leads to such information being incorrect, we will be unable to provide you with access to our Platforms or our Services, as described under the Terms, and such a deletion or modification may be regarded as the User seeking to discontinue his or her access to our Platforms and Services.
We reserve the right to verify and authenticate your identity and your Personal Information in order to ensure accurate delivery of Products and Services. Access to or correction, updating or deletion of your Personal Information or SPDI may be denied or limited by us if it would violate another person’s rights and/or is not otherwise permitted by applicable law.
7. SECURITY AND RETENTION OF INFORMATION
Security of your information
We endeavour to maintain physical, technical and procedural safeguards that are appropriate to protect your information against loss, misuse, copying, damage or modification and unauthorized access or disclosure. Our security management standards are in compliance with ISO 27001. Some of the security measures adopted by us are: We review our information collection, storage and processing practices, including physical security measures, to guard against unauthorized access to systems; and
1. We restrict access to Personal Information, to our employees and agents who need to know that information in order to process it for Us, and who are subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations, and may be disciplined or whose relationship with us may terminate if they fail to meet these obligations.
2. No employee or administrator of the Company will have knowledge of your password of your account on the Platforms.
3. Our security controls may occasionally request for proof of identity before disclosing any Personal Information or SPDI to you. We recommend that you to not send full credit or debit card details in unencrypted electronic communications with us.
4. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and your mobile phone. You must be sure to log off from the Platforms when you have finished use thereof. We do not undertake any liability for any unauthorised use of your account and password.
5. If you suspect any unauthorized use of your account, you must immediately notify us by sending an email to the contact details indicated in the contact section. You shall be liable to indemnify us due to any loss suffered by us due to such unauthorized use of your account or password.
6. We shall not be liable for any misuse of your password. Further, we shall not be responsible for any breach of security or for any actions of any third parties or events that are beyond our reasonable control including but not limited to acts of government, computer hacking, unauthorised access to computer data and storage device, computer crashes, breach of security and encryption, poor quality of internet service or telephone service of the User, etc.
Retention of Information
1. We also have measures in place such that your SPDI which is in our possession or under our control, is destroyed and/or anonymized as soon as it is reasonable to assume that: (i) the Purposes for which your SPDI has been collected have been fulfilled; and (ii) retention is no longer necessary for any other reason.
2. We may, however, reserve the right to retain and store your Personal Information for our business purposes, whether such Personal Information has been deleted or not. After a period of time, your data may be anonymized and aggregated and then may be held by us as long as necessary, to enable purchases of Products and provision of Services or for any other lawful purposes.
If you wish to withdraw your consent for processing your Personal Information and SPDI, cancel your account, or request that we no longer use your Personal Information and SPDI to deliver our Products or provide you Services, please contact us at details indicated in the contact section below. Please note, however, that your withdrawal of consent or cancellation of account may result in us not being able to deliver you Products or provide you with our Services, or terminate any existing relationship that we may have with you.
Please note that uninstalling our mobile application will not result in deletion of your Personal Information or SPDI.
8. Cookies and other Tracking Technologies
We utilize “cookies” and other tracking technologies, having session or local variables. A “cookie” is a small text file that may be used, for example, to collect information about activity on the Platforms. Some cookies and other technologies may serve to recall information previously indicated by a User. Most browsers/mobile settings allow you to control cookies, including whether or not to accept them and how to remove them. You may set most browsers/mobile application to notify you if you receive a cookie, or you may choose to block cookies with your browser/mobile applications.
At all times, you may refuse all cookies on your browser or mobile application by changing your settings to the extent permissible on your device. However, by doing so, you may not be able to use certain features on the Platforms or take full advantage of all the offerings and interest-based advertising. You can remove cookies by following directions provided in your mobile’s “help” file or the browser.
9. CHANGES TO THE POLICY
2. Indemnity: You agree and undertake to indemnify us in any suit or dispute by any third party arising out of disclosure of information by you to third parties either through our Platforms or otherwise and your use and access of websites, applications and resources of third parties. We assume no liability for any actions of third parties with regard to your Personal Information or SPDI which you may have disclosed to such third parties.
11.CONTACT OUR GRIEVANCE OFFICER
In accordance with the IT Act and the SPDI Rules, the name and contact details of the Grievance Officer are provided below:
Name: [Jeegna Mehta]
Vrudhi Educational And Technological Services Private Limited,
[6, Margaret House, Shaikh Mistry Dargah Road, Wadala (East), Mumbai: 400037]